Returning Residents Shipping
Thinking of returning to Jamaica as a Returning Resident?
Returning to your homeland is a nostalgic experience. And if you’re one of the many individuals who are interested in returning to Jamaica as a Returning Resident, you need all the help you can get. Gunter Shipping Inc offers more than shipping services. We offer assistance in the document preparation method and more.
Our experts have helped numerous Returning Residents in simplifying the process to reach their destination safely. Our polite staff is always ready to answer any and all of your queries and address your concerns regarding the process. You can trust us to guide you at every step of the way.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Returning Residents?
Under Jamaican law, you must:
To be eligible as a Returning Resident and the concessions, you need to meet at least one of the aforementioned criteria.
What are the requirements?
You would require:
- A valid Jamaican passport
- A foreign passport with Unconditional Landing Stamp
Upon arrival of the shipment in Jamaica, you will need to present the following documents after arrival:
- Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN)
- Unaccompanied Baggage Declaration Form (C27) obtained at the airport on arrival in Jamaica
- Validated Bill of Lading or Airway Bill — collected from local shipping agent
- Evidence of disposal of property (e.g., Sales Agreement)
- Letter of separation from employer
- Pay stubs
- Pension advice and social security letter
- Tax returns for the last three consecutive years
- Contract or letter of employment
- Evidence of property owned in Jamaica
- Rental contract or rent receipt
- Identification card
- Letter confirming attendance